Sunday, June 14, 2015

Adamame


I had fews part time jobs working experience when I was in college.  Working in the tea shop was one of it when I was in Taiwan.  The owner " Big Brother Yeh " taught me everything about how to make a good tea ..... water choice, temperature control, timing, including how to choose the tea leaves.  I was very amazed.  

His wife was in charge all the snacks, but she always kept her recipe secretly.  She was a great cook too.  She never taught me how to make these edamames, but since these edamames were so aromatic in favor, plus I had it all the time, so it's kind of stuck in my mind for years.  

After I came to United States, I kind of craved for it, so I started to practice from my memory.  Well .... it's my recipe now, and I don't really mind share with whoever loves food as much as I do, but I can't promise you.  I might take this edamames recipes down if I have my food business one day ! ~ 😂😅😋




Cooking time: 10-15 minutes. 
Serve: 4-5 people

Ingredients: 

1. 2 bag of frozen edamames.  

2. 3-4 cloves garlic this sliced.

3. 2-3 star anise. 

4. 1 tablespoons of sesame oil.  You can use the light white sesame oil or dark stronger sesame oil, just depends how u like it. 

5.  1 tablespoon of garlic powder. 

6.  Salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Placed thin galic sliced, star anises with cold water in the pot and make sure there is enough room when you add in the edamames, so the water won't over flow.  Add some salt in the pot too which will keep these edamame remain beautiful green.  Bring it to boiled, let it cook about 2-3 minutes, when the garlic and star anises release its own flavors in the water.  It's time to pour in the beans. 

Bring it to the boil again and let it cook for couple minutes.  You will notice when edmames are raw.  These edamame will  all sink in the bottom of pot, then when it's done cooking it will flow, or you will see fews beans will open its bean case.  

Drain it, spare garlic powder, salt, fresh ground pepper, and sesame oil, then  I will just toast it in the same pan.  Let it cool down, then serve in room temperature or you can keep fresh in refrigerator about 3 days.  

Serve as great health appetizer with tea or wine.  The conversation will be nonstop ! ~




在專科時期, 我有許多的打工經驗.  當我在台灣的時候在茶坊工作也是其中之一.  老闆葉大哥教我一切有關於怎樣煮出一杯好茶 ...... 水的選擇, 溫度的掌握, 時間的長短, 還包括如何選茶葉.

他的妻子則負責點心的部分, 但她總是很保密食品的做法.  她從未教過我做這道毛豆, 但是, 因為它的香氣十足, 而且我常食用它, 所以就一直停留在我腦海裡多年.  

當我到美國之後, 我開始想吃.  所以, 我就從記憶中的味道不斷的練習.  現在成為我食譜中的一部分.  我不會介意和我一樣喜好美食的人共同分享.  但是我可不保證, 如果有一天如果我有餐飲事業時, 我也許會把作法拿下喔 ! ~ 😂😅😋

烹調時間: 10-15 分鐘. 
提供分享: 4-5 人. 

1.  2 包冷凍毛豆筴. 

2.  3-4 顆蒜頭切細片. 

3.  2-3 顆八角. 

4.  淡色香油或黑麻油依你個人喜好. 

5.  1大匙的蒜香粉. 

6.  塩和新鮮的黑楜椒. 

置入蒜片, 八角和水入鍋中, 並確認有多餘的空間等會兒放入毛豆筴後才不會導致水份過多而溢出.  同時加入少許塩可保持毛豆筴的鮮綠.  煮沸後, 在繼續滾煮個2-3分鐘讓蒜片及八角的味道釋放出來.  這時就能倒入毛豆筴了. 

再次煮沸, 持續個幾分鐘.  你可以發現當毛豆筴還生的時候是沈在鍋底的.  煮熟後的毛豆筴會浮上水面, 或者你會看到少許的毛豆筴本身則會略為張開. 

瀝乾, 灑上蒜香粉, 塩, 新鮮黑楜椒和麻油.  我會在同一個鍋中𥚃翻動, 然後使其冷卻.  室溫中食用, 或者是貯於冷藏可持有3天的新鮮度. 

分享這些健康的點心配上茶或酒.  話題永遠停不下來 ! ~


No comments:

Post a Comment