Thursday, November 1, 2012

Campanelle with Bacon, Chick Beans and Artycho

Miyuky is a busy Japanese mom that my boy has play day with her son. She has 4 kids, good in shape, well put together. The most amazing part is, I never hear she complain! Sometime our kids have play day, she will bring me the bacon with pasta. I love it very much. I ask the ingredients, but it never come out the same. Therefore, I decide to take her idea and create my own. I also can still enjoy to have her around! Thanks for the inspiration my fabulous girlfriend.



 


Ingredients:

1. 1 pound of campanelle pasta.

2. 6 strips bacon cut in 2 inch length.

3. 1 can chick peas drained and rinsed.

4. 1 can artichoke hearts cut in half.

Flavor:

1. 3 scallion diced, separate the white and green parts.

2. 1 medium onion chop the 2 inch size square.

3. 4 cloves garlic.

4. 1/4 cup white wine.

5. 1 cup 2% milk.

6. Half lemon juice.

7. 1 tablespoon white truffle oil. If you have one.

8. Salt, white, red and black pepper.

*Let the pasta cook while you are making sauce. It will save the time. If the sauce finish first, turn the heat off or low, then wait for the pasta.

* Pasta always cook a little under then the texture you like, finish cooking in the sauce. That's how you get the flavor from.

High heat, use half cup of cold water instead of oil to cook out the fat from bacon, when bacon are getting color, ( if heat is too hot, torn it down to medium high.) throw in garlic and onion and the white parts of scallion, saute onion till transparent, but still have it's own texture. Keep adding wine and milk, bring to the simmer also salt, white, red and black pepper check the flavor. Now add in the cooked pasta, chick pea, artichoke hearts mix well. Kill the heat, squeeze the lemon juice, sprinkle the green parts of scallion, drizzle the white truffle oil.

* My kids love salty bacon, I adore creamy chick peas, crunch sweet onion, and the acidly from artichoke will cut off the richness, a touch of truffle oil are fancy enough without break the bank. I got everything in one pan, couldn't ask for no more!


No comments:

Post a Comment